The Mission:

From Nov. 28th, 2008 to Feb. 8th, 2009 (12 weeks) I intend to run 13 races of marathon distance (26.2 miles) or greater to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. In total, if all goes as planned, approximately 388 miles will have been covered over a span of a 12 week time frame and a significant amount of money will have been raised for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

100% of donations will go directly to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

One month in...

...and I feel like I haven't even started :-)

A month ago yesterday I put the first post on this blog. In that time I've run 3 of the 13 marathons (or beyond) but, big deal, that's old news... what really is a big deal is that in this first month $1874.24 have been raised for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! How awesome is that?!? I know others still plan on donating and I'm sure with your help, spreading the word to friends and family be it through word-of-moth, the web, or otherwise, we can continue to bring in the dough for a worthy cause!

And, while speaking of worthy causes, let me point you in another direction for just a moment...
Over at this address, http://blogmadcity.blogspot.com/2008/12/im-in.html, you can read about a triathlete in training encouraging everyone to get signed up to the National Bone Marrow Registry. The NBMR is essential in helping fight Leukemia along with a plethora or other diseases. If you're not yet registered, I encourage you to do so, it could give you the opportunity to save a person's life some day!

While you do that, I'll start carb loading for Saturday! I'll be sure to post a race report, photos, and fundraising update early next week!

2 comments:

King Arthur said...

Dumb Ass over X-mas marathon, GOOD choice!

Jon said...

$1874!!! That's great!!!!!

Have a good run this Saturday at Birch Bay! And hey, if you like the course, you might want to consider running the actual Birch Bay Marathon. The cost is only $25 and has pretty good support according to what Stan Nakashima told me.