The Mission:

From Nov. 28th, 2008 to Feb. 8th, 2009 (12 weeks) I intend to run 13 races of marathon distance (26.2 miles) or greater to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. In total, if all goes as planned, approximately 388 miles will have been covered over a span of a 12 week time frame and a significant amount of money will have been raised for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

100% of donations will go directly to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Birch Bay Ghost Marathon

If you're looking for the full, (kinda) in depth race report shot on over to my other blog and read all about it... if you're looking for a real quick status update, you're in the right spot...

Saturday was race #4 of the 13 race schedule, once again everything went off with out a hitch. It was a well directed race and I was pleased with my second fastest marathon time, 3:40:23 to be precise.

(Post Birch Bay Ghost, all bundled up)

Fund raising also continues to go well, as we have now officially broke the $2000 mark. As much as I hate to sound like a broken record (do people even get that analogy anymore?), let me encourage you to forward on this blog address to your friends and family, the more people who know what we're doing the more cash we can raise!

Next weekend is what I consider to be the hardest of the races on the schedule, the Tiger Dumb Ass. The race has a reputation of being extremely difficult already, that coupled with the fact that I have the Pigtails Flat Ass 50K the day before sorta has me shaking in my trail shoes. At this point I've yet to convince anyone else to run both back to back which sort of tells me something. Never-the-less, I'll be out there, both days, proving just what a dumb ass I am.

Assuming I make it back from Tiger Mountain, I'll post another update come next Monday.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If the weather holds out I'll be a Dumb Ass as well, but my wife is supposed to run Pigtails with me so I'll "only" be doing a marathon/50k Dumb Ass double. Makes me sound like kind of a sissy.

Reg said...

Nic,

I just put in $2/mile which qualifies me to request that you wear something special, I believe. How about a Stever Fan Club Tshirt. What size & color do you wear and I will send one to you.

Reg (Stever's Dad)