The Mission:

From Nov. 28th, 2008 to Feb. 8th, 2009 (12 weeks) I intend to run 13 races of marathon distance (26.2 miles) or greater to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. In total, if all goes as planned, approximately 388 miles will have been covered over a span of a 12 week time frame and a significant amount of money will have been raised for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

100% of donations will go directly to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Monday, January 12, 2009

#8 - Bridle Trails 50K

Saturday was #8 of 13, 6 'loops' through Bridle Trails state park for a total of 50K. Loop 1 was run in a grey that those of us living in the Pacific North West like to call daylight, loop 2 was run in dusk, and the remaining 4 loops were run in the dark, aided by a headlamp and L.E.D. flashlight. The course is a mix of single track trail and wider gravel trails, though, by the time the third loop was starting they were all pretty much reduced to a muddy, messy slop, or, as I saw it, they were elevated to FUN!
( I assure you, I am holding up 8 fingers... dang reflective clothing...)

Results are not yet posted, though, according to my watch, I finished in 5 hours, 18 minutes, and change, I finished in 5:17:46, officially, a time I'm fairly happy with, given the (FUN!) conditions.
(Yep, there was enough mud out there to go right through the shoes and socks - perfect!)

Next up: Capitol Peak Mega Fat Ass 34 Miler. From what I hear, this course should be muddy as well, which means I should have a grand ole time (and also, it means I need to hose off my trail shoes tonight)!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fund Raising: As stated previously, the donations have slowed but are still trickling in... as long as the trickle continues I'm content, if it picks up again to a steady stream I'll be thrilled! As always, please forward this link on to anyone you know who might have some spare time and a spare dime! Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And on one completely unrelated note that I'm just too damn excited about to not post everywhere I can... tonight (1/12) I registered for the STOMRY 100, which will be my first attempt at 100 mile ultra come August of this year...

No comments: